Friday, May 20, 2011

BAGOONG DRAGON

This title card above was an attempt to revive this unfinished work of mine early this year.
Bagoong Dragon was a comic (as in comedic) and action-packed graphic novel I did in the year 2003. It tells about a lost guy with no memories. No known origin, no known relatives, absolutely nothing. The only clue he had that could connect him to his past was a single photograph of a funny (rather odd) looking guy he found in his pocket when he woke up in the rubble of what seemed like a ruined science infrastructure. He then started the pursuit of his lost past and little by little discovered surprising skills that he never knew he had or existed. Then unbelievably laugh-cracking antics and trouble all mixed together.

The graphic novel was never finished. Although I was already through writing the story, I only reached halfway in the illustration phase. And the biggest "unfortunately" I could ever write here is that I lost more than  half of the illustrated pages I had when one of my illustration portfolios had gone missing in late 2006. Well that took me hard enough to accept. Anyway, early this year I went back into rethinking the concept of this book. I came back into conceptualization and finally revised almost the whole flow of the story. At that same time, I did the rough storyboarding and finished approximately 35% of the shortened story.

Sadly, I have no plans of remaking this unfinished graphic novel right now. I have just finished Basag-Tuka and currently illustrating the next title (which actually has no final title yet). I don't know, the list just goes on and poor little Bagoong Dragon is still far down. I'm just posting these old illustrations as to mark my memory that I once had these, in case I lost the remaining pages and my memories just like my main dude here.

CLICK ON, FOR LARGER IMAGE.











Bagoong Dragon and all of its characters are created by Erik Katukomal. All Rights Reserved.

1 comment: